CineBike Outdoor Movie System
Everything needed to produce an outdoor cinema event is included on the CineBike - Open Air Cinema’s new revolutionary all-in-one bicycle outdoor movie system, which utilizes the pedal strokes of viewers to completely power the screening of a feature length film. The best part of CineBike is that everything is specifically engineered to fit and be transported on the bike, which makes for maximum mobility and ease of use. A highly efficient 700 lumen LED projector provides enough movie power for groups up to 250 and will operate for up to 10,000 hours
without the need for bulb replacements.
Our pop-up screen provides a clean, highly reflective surface on which to project. Two power-dense lithium-ion battery packs create a buffer of energy storage so your event can proceed uninterrupted as volunteers take turns pedaling. We even include the cables, adapters, and tools to make everything work out of the box. We’ve done the hard work so you don’t have to.
Whether you’re at the park, on the beach, or in areas of the world without access to reliable power grids, Cinebike will work because it generates its own electricity. Invite audience members to become part of the event by pedaling to actually make it happen. Our specialized cargo bike built by Bike Friday is easy to hop on and adjust for a wide range of riders. Your average volunteer will be able to generate plenty of electricity to run the cinema system and provide a charging station for phones, tablets, and laptops. No more noisy generators. Pedalpowering your movie is not only efficient and easier than gas generators, it’s actually fun!
As much as possible we have selected components that are easy to work with and to service anywhere in the world. Standard bicycle components, nonproprietary electronics, and plenty of options for media sources (HDMI, MicroSD, USB drive, Chromecast, etc.). Our projector is LED so it has no bulb to burn out and runs cool. Rechargeable devices use standard USB or wall connectors. We wanted everything to be as simple as possible without cutting corners or compromising on quality.
Ride Up, Ride Away
With Cinebike you can ride up to an event and ride away when you’re done. Setup and breakdown take only 5-10 minutes and there is nothing else you need to bring. Cinebike has such positive reactions that a lot of times you don’t even need to bring an audience. Cinebike is such a powerful form of media that often times it can even bring the audience to you.
Bicycle SpecsWinner of the 2014 PDX Disaster Relief Trials, the Haul-A-Day is a capable cargo bike adjustable to riders young and old. It’s small, lightweight, easy to carry, and able to be taken on public transportation as a standard bike.
- Frame: Bike Friday Haul-A-Day OSATA Cargo & Power System
- Frame Color: Black
- Brakes: Standard “V” brakes front & rear
- Seat Mast: Easypack mast 1.25 x .049 x 11” - Adjustable to fit most riders
- Bars: 15 degree flat bars
- Brake Levers: Tektro “V” style Brake Levers
- Brakes: Shimano M422 V Brake
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano TZ50 34T, 43 teeth
- Shifter: MicroShift twist 8 speed
- Crank: OSATA 170mm crank 44T
- Cassette: 8-speed
- Chain: KMC Z-51 8sp chain
- Hub Front: BF Select 36o/24o 100mm front
- Hub Rear: BF Select 36o 130mm rear
- Rims: Alex X-101 Alum (406) 36o 20 x 1.5” silver
- Spokes: DT 14 ga. Stainless w/ brass nipples
- Tires: Sunlight Kontact 20 x 1.75” - 40psi
- Tubes: 20x1.5 to 1.95” SV
- Pedals: Wellgo MTB Style
- Seatpost: Kalloy #243 Sil adjust post 28.6 x 250mm
- Saddle: BF padded & bumpered saddle
- Kickstand: Kick down dual stand
- Stationary stands: BF power stands
Bicycle GeneratorOur generator system is tuned to provide 70 watts of output from the factory which is easy for most riders. Using the included cigarette lighter outputs and a strong rider it is possible to pull up to 400 watts out of the system.
- Power output: 70W
- Dual 12-14V “live” outputs (non-reservoired)
- 14.1V clean output to reservoir
Power ReservoirThe power reservoir provides over an hour of run time independent of the power generation system.
- Configuration: 2X Goal Zero Sherpa 50, Chained
- Capacity: 116Wh
- Chemistry: Lithium Ion (Li-NMC)
- Lifecycles: Hundreds
- Shelf Life: Charge every 3-6 months
- Charging sources: CineBike or AC Adapter
- Charge time: 3 hours
- 2x 5V, up to 1.5A each, regulated
- 2x 12V, up to 8A each, regulated
- 2x 19V, up to 5A each, regulated
- Native Resolution: WXGA (1280 x 800)
- Brightness: 700 lumens
- Technology: LED
- Contrast Ratio: 10,000:1
- Aspect Ratio: 16:10 Native, 16:9 and 4:3 compatible
- Inputs: HDMI/MHL, Micro-SD, USB
- Power Consumption: 62W Max
- Included with the CineBike is a battery buffer adequate to the task. Never worry about swapping riders or leaving the bike unoccupied.
- Outputs are provided for 5V USB, 12V cigarette adapter, and 19v for laptops. All equipment runs directly off of clean Direct Current for maximum efficiency.
- Rugged spring steel frame will expand into a perfectly tensioned state and easily collapse for storage.
- Clean, professional black stretch boarder frames and enhances the projection image.
- Seamless and vibrant white projection surface captures 100% of the projector’s brightness while the inherently black
- back blocks out ambient rear light.
- The overall structure is tensioned perfectly to pull out any wrinkles and folds and present a beautifully smooth and flat projection surface.
- Convenient hanging loops and straps enable setup on indoor or outdoor walls, railings, fences, tree branches, awnings, etc.
- 4 heavy duty velcro straps hold the screen securely to the collapsable stands or other vertical supports.
- Collapsible and height adjustable stands allow for extremely stable setup in virtually any location.
- Ultra bright 700 lumen LED lamp rated for 20,000+ hours eliminates the need to ever replace an expensive bulb
- Projector powers on and off almost instantly and does not require cooling before disconnecting power.
- LED lamp based projectors are durable and superior for frequent transport
- Incredibly small size at only 4.1ʺ x 1.5ʺ x 4.2ʺ
- Convenient HDMI, SD Card, and VGA inputs.
- Incredibly low power consumption of only 62 Watts
- Threaded underside mount for attachment to tripod for high range of adjustment.
- Compact and lightweight for extreme portability
- Powerful and impressive stereo sound quality both indoors and outdoors
- Bluetooth wireless connectivity for simple clutter free set-up
- Built in battery for 15+ hours playtime
- Direct line-in plug in capability when an audio cable is a must